Sr. Applications Engineer
For the Engineer with a passion for audio technology and customer focused work, this is an amazing opportunity to step into Applications Engineering role. In this senior level position in SF, you will have the opportunity to showcase your breadth of audio codec and post processing knowledge, experience in the semiconductor world, and extraordinary customer support skills, by analyzing, resolving and recommending options to help our customers get the most out of Dolby's products.
Your primary mission will be to support implementations of latest audio technology with our IC customers. Bring your fluency with C/C++, coupled with low level audio driver development experience and digital signal processing knowledge, with a well-developed understanding of porting audio codecs, to deliver on our goals of first class customer satisfaction.
- You will provide Tier1 support, serving as major customer facing window, to US and Europe based customers, to help customer on questions about source code and design requirement from our audio implementation development kit.
- You will also provide the cornerstone support to internal field technical teams to facilitate Dolby's technology licensing program using a diplomatic, professional and customer service oriented approach.
- Support the evaluation and approval of Dolby Licensed Implementations by confirming the accuracy of test results and producing professional, accurate written reports that communicate the conformance of these implementations compared with the established requirements.
- Work regularly with multi-functional teams across Dolby as the "voice of the customer" providing feedback on and driving advancements to Dolby's licensing work you're doing.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar and 3+ years of engineering experience in consumer electronics or related fields.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Strong problem-solving abilities when working on complex technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to adapt communication approach in an astute manner in order to work and solve technical problems collectively across a wide range of skill levels, cultures and backgrounds.
- Impeccable integrity and the ability to handle situations involving complicated, high-pressure legal or business relationships, as well as sensitive, confidential information.
- Occasional international travel is required for this position.
- Some experience in a customer support role is highly desirable.
- Experience with C or Assembly programming on embedded or DSP platform
- Solid knowledge on Digital Signal Processing for audio codec (e.g. AAC, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus etc).
- Related experience in several of the following areas:
- DSP algorithm porting, optimization and integration;
- Embedded Systems design;
- Software for embedded processors;
- Computer and Operating system architecture;
- DSP architectures and their multimedia frameworks;
- ARM toolchain;
- IP-based content delivery and playback products;
- Technology licensing.
- Knowledge of MPEG2-TS, MP4, adaptive streaming, HDMI interface is highly desirable.
- Understanding broadcast spec (DVB, ATSC, etc.), Blu-ray spec, IEC 60958/61937 spec is highly desirable.
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, game/film audio or video highly desirable.
- Dolby is very proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top