Sr Acoustical Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of E-Media. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
In this position you will be part of the whole Dolby Atmos Sound System (DASS) engineering team to work with external customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices. Be part of an engineering team based in Shenzhen that works in a fast-paced and creative environment. This is an ideal opportunity for experienced Acoustics Engineer to work in the design and development of audio loudspeakers and integrated systems in consumer products. The successful applicant will be working with the Product Development and engineering teams and manufacturing partners to bring world class audio products from concept to market.
- Work with external customers, Dolby partners, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices
- You will need to be a technical leader who understands system architecture issues and contributes innovative ideas, a system-level problem solver
- Integrates experience and deep technical knowledge
- Research and develop new ideas in transducer design and technology
- Build and evaluate prototypes to demonstrate acoustic designs
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking
- Evaluate supplier capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Acoustics or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- 5+ year of experience in the design and development of loudspeaker systems in the consumer market, experience of micro speaker is strong plus
- Experience of designing and modeling transducers and enclosures
- Proficiency using loudspeaker design tool such as LEAP, LspCAD, FINEMotor, FEMM, etc.
- Experience with loudspeaker test equipment such as Klippel, Audio Precision, Clio, Listen, etc.
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience with computational acoustic simulations (FEM, BM) a bonus
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top