[Spring / Summer Session] Software Engineer Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
- Develop software that enables the next generation video technologies created by Dolby.
- Work closely with Research group to develop proof of concept platforms, SDKs, plug-ins for external products, etc. Engage in software development, mapping complex processing power intensive algorithms to existing encoder and decoder platforms, writing test procedures, interacting with customers, etc.
- Comprehend the reference code from the research with in-depth understanding of each module.
- Create modular, well-organized and properly documented code. Optimize and customize the reference code to various different chipsets designed for set-top boxes and real time encoder architectures.
- Develop unit tests, regression tests and other test vectors to validate the implementations.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation and software archives. Coordinate development activities with both internal members of the video engineering team, R&D, QA and selected external companies in a professional manner using latest software tools to enhance the communication.
- Participate and contribute to future concepts related to the Dolby video technologies and implementation vehicles for other Dolby technology.
- Utilize engineering experience in embedded software development for digital video systems, experience developing software/firmware for H.264 real time video encoder and decoder products, and experience in real time embedded software development using Linux and similar CE device oriented operating systems and related development tools.
- Apply expertise in C programming, and familiarity with C++ and OOP, optimize algorithms using Intrinsics or assembly.
- Utilize knowledge of MPEG2-TS, MP4, RTP streaming, HDMI and UI to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in fast-paced software development environment.
- Develop GPU software for digital video systems.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise and experience with C/C++
- Expertise and experience with concurrent programming
- Expertise and experience with network programming
- Java script knowledge and web programming expertise will be a plus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top