[Spring Session] Graphic Design Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including marketing experts to get the word out. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
Candidates should have professional experience in time-based media, strong information visualization skills, prototyping/mock-up skills, and likewise be comfortable working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams. Comfort with generating graphic representations that express brand narratives and our messaging is key. These graphic illustrations could be utilized in presentations, web design, interaction design, & experiential design.
Successful applicants should demonstrate an ability to work across a range of areas including: prototyping; product interaction; and digital design. Prototyping and production skills are essential, as well as a passion for design and a point of view about your work. All candidates should include a link to their portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process. Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Designing on purpose is to use every opportunity to use design to drive our strategies, leverage our scale, and create things that people love.
- Set art direction for digital assets library and extend brand and digital guidelines across all new creative projects with digital needs
- Static graphics development (iconography, illustrations, GUI systems)
- User experience design (wireframes, UI/UX mock-ups for multiple platforms)
- Interactive design development (animations, dynamic graphics, modeling/rendering)
- 3D rendering ability is plus
- We would love to see a multi-dimensional history that ideally includes interactive, digital, industrial design, and/or art direction
- A deep understanding of concepting and brand storytelling
- Knowledge of current UI trends and the ability to differentiate between what is trendy and what is truly appropriate for a given project
- Experience with responsive design and the ramifications of designing across devices
- Visualization of ideas through storyboarding, photoshop, illustrator, 3D renderings
- Ability to present concepts to cross-function teams coolly, calmly, and confidently
Essential Functional Skills
- Communication Skills: Candidates must have strong presenting, verbal, written, and visual presentation skills. Successful applicants understand the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
- Project Management: As a team member, the candidate must have the ability to manage multiple streams of work towards a critical path (i.e., budget, time deadlines)
- Design Planning: Ability to understand and translate brand and business strategies into production of successful creative assets.
- Team Skills: Successful applicants demonstrate a strong collaborative ethos and have the ability to inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision and planning. The ability to relate to individuals and nurture talent also a requirement. We are a small team and we work fluently together to produce great results.
- Visual Design Sensitivity: Candidates for this position distinguish between “good” and “great” work and are able to nurture teams to deliver results.
- Digital Prototyping Skills: Successful applicants for this position understand that you succeed sooner by trial and experiment; understand that prototyping can be done at various levels of fidelity and have experience doing and leading that work.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top