- Mumbai, India
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As part of Dolby's Solutions & Content Engineering organization, you will be required to provide solutions engineering support to OTT audio/video streaming service providers, broadcast operators and post-production houses on Dolby technology encoding and playback across multiple platforms including mobile phones, DMAs, smart TVs, living room devices, STB's, PCs and others.
You will manage technical and solutions support for all customers & prospects in the region with a thorough understanding of Dolby technologies, and help to build a sales pipeline which will deliver against Dolby's over-all business goals in the emerging markets region. This position will be based in Mumbai office.
- Directly handle engineering support on encoding and playback of Dolby Technologies in consumer electronics segment
- Establish and own the relationships with technical contacts at customers and prospective customers and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with Dolby's engineering support
- Provide pre-sales technical support in direct account meetings and customer visits. Interact with customers and new prospects as needed to support our technology licensing business using a diplomatic, professional and service-oriented approach, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings.
- Establish the system architecture of the Dolby value chain in Mobile/OTT segments from creation of multimedia content to playing back
- Deliver system-level integration, trouble-shooting, analysis and advice to existing and potential customers with clear documentation
- Present technical briefings of existing and forthcoming Dolby technologies during direct customer meetings and at events and seminars
- Deliver internal, customer and partner training
- Contribute to internal support systems for ongoing and automated support solutions
- Manage the day-to-day communication in defined market areas on technical issues, communicating with Dolby's Tier 2 support and Engineering teams at headquarters and in other regions and following-up outstanding technical and licensing issues both internally and with customers
- Report technical trends and innovative methods of creating content to drive new product features
- Leverage customer meetings to gather intelligence about customers' end product plans, product requirements and sharing data with relevant internal Dolby teams. Interface with Dolby Engineering and Marketing to provide input and suggestions for new products and features, based on customer needs and competitive information
- Engineering background in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Science Engineering
- 2-5 years of overall relevant work experience in consumer electronics
- Minimum 1 years' experience in developing, optimizing multimedia systems under the Android system environment
- Work experience at a Mobile device OEM designing & manufacturing original product is preferred
- Object-oriented language proficiency particularly in Java, C++ and Python
- Proficiency in reading / debugging C code and shell scripting
- Experience with Network packet analyser such as Wireshark and good understanding of Network protocols
- Experience with Android Studio and/or X-code build environments
- Working knowledge of Windows, Android and Linux operating systems and their multimedia frameworks
- Good knowledge of audio basics and audio / video codecs
- Understanding of Digital / Analog Audio, Broadcast Specifications, Audio Signal Processing and Acoustics preferred (Perceptual Coding, Lossless codecs, sound tuning, post-processing algorithms)
- Multimedia system experience: Experience in encoding/decoding & muxing / demuxing multimedia data containers such as MPEG2 TS, AVI, MP4, ASF
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities when working on complex problems.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, deliver technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promoting the value proposition of Dolby audio and video technologies to customers
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key business issues to senior management
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Ability to be the technical lead for sales-orientated technical presentations and demonstrations to customers' technical staff and senior management
- Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Have a high level of global communication skills required for co-working with team members in various regions including HQ in San Francisco, Korea and China
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, game/film audio or acoustics highly desirable
- Position will require extensive domestic and some international travel
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top