Software Test Engineer - Hybrik media processing pipeline
- Wroclaw, Poland
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to make a difference how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide.
To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for testing the Hybrik media processing pipeline. Hybrik is Dolby's cloud hosted media processing product that supports the majority of modern media formats and coding technologies including Dolby's latest formats like Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision. Being part of this project, you will have the opportunity to learn and understand modern distributed media processing workflows and coding technologies.
>>> Video about Hybrik: https://youtu.be/1Kfkznipmo4
You will participate in defining test plans and will be responsible for designing test cases that validate Hybrik media processing pipeline. You will work closely with Senior Software Test Engineers and Engineering Teams to understand requirements and customer use cases. You will perform manual and automated tests including audio and video quality verification.
- Participate in design of plans, design test cases to validate new and existing features in the media processing pipeline.
- Execute manual and automated tests.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Contribute to creation of test summary reports that include information about test results and coverage, risks, and metrics.
- Use and maintain existing test automation framework. Design new automated tests.
- Setup, configure, troubleshoot customer use cases.
Qualifications and personal skills:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or a comparable field.
- Experience or knowledge in the field of multimedia processing and distribution
- Knowledge of modern audio and video coding technologies, DSP
- Proven track record in Software Quality Assurance including test plans and test cases design.
- Knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Knowledge of multiple test design techniques.
- Experience with test execution covering functional, performance, negative, stress and load testing.
- Professional experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
- Positive attitude and willingness to solve challenging problems
- Ability to work efficiently in a cross-geo environment
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top