Software Test Engineer, E-Media
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
As a Software Test Engineer in the Dolby QA group, the qualified candidate will test software that enables Dolby technologies to e-media (mobiles/tablets/PCs etc). You will create the design of QA test environments as well as the design and execution of all tests needed.
- Design and implement test methods needed on assigned projects.
- Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- Execute test cases according to scope and schedule
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
- Serve as a member of project scrum team.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry and best practices.
- Skills in multiple test design techniques.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Familiarity with programming languages like C/C++/C#/Java/Objective-C.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash is a significant plus
- Experience of multimedia framework testing on Android and Windows is desired
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management skills
- Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
EVERY BIT AMAZING!
Back to top