Software QA Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. We have an environment of state-of-the art R&D with a culture - big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference. You'll be working on the development, implementation, test engineering, and quality assurance of cutting-edge imaging/video processing algorithms, Dolby Vision and related technologies. Mentored by our experienced senior engineers, your work will contribute to our overall product and technology roadmap.
- Engage in software development, create test setups/experiments related to HDMI and display port specifications.
- Partner with technical writers to provide and review technical data relating to test suite going into technical publication
- Design, develop, and execute test cases targeted to test a variety of cutting-edge Dolby Imaging/Video algorithms and software.
- Test and evaluate the Dolby Vision video processing technologies and new features with respect to reliability, accuracy and usability.
- Provide feedback on specific features and record all bugs and issues encountered during testing.
- Maintain and enhance the test-setup including hardware, software and Test Automation environments.
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Create tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices
- Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work
- Testing experience on Android platform is a plus.
• Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis and passion for multimedia technologies.
• Self-motivated quick learner and a team player.
1-2 years of Software testing experience preferred
• Comfortable with fast-paced scrum agile development cycle, multiple projects parallel working environment, willing to shift project priority and commitment with deliver.
• Mastering of scripting languages: Python, Perl, etc.
• Experience with source control tools: Perforce, SVN, etc.
• Plus, you have some exposure to video coding standards: H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, video formats, video interfaces, video test pattern generators, video bit-stream analyzers.
• Ability to troubleshoot applications, hardware-software interactions, OS, and related issues.
• Attention to details. Excellent communication and documentation skills.
. You are results -oriented with a passion to learn new technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top