Software Product Manager, Dolby Vision Playback Team
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a software Product Manager in the Dolby Vision product team, you will drive and help define features that enhance and revolutionize the HDR imaging experience for consumers.
We are looking for a bold and passionate product leader with comprehensive experience defining and building successful imaging products. The Dolby Vision Software SDK is a core component to Dolby Vision products, and you will be responsible for working with key stakeholders across Dolby to help define and drive the rollout of the software product SDK that is leveraged across various Dolby Vision products on PC, Mobile, and Gaming.
Acting as the product owner, you will be responsible for developing and executing the Dolby Vision software SDK strategy, roadmap, and product requirements. Bring your strong product insight, broad industry knowledge, and in-depth technical knowledge across a variety of consumer devices.
Essential Job Functions
- Be responsible for and define the detailed product requirements and ensure the Dolby Vision software SDK addresses the individual Dolby Vision product strategies and goals
- Work closely with various product teams to understand and translate the individual product requirements into detailed software SDK requirements
- Develop and communicate a clear software product SDK vision, strategy, and roadmap that can address all the individual product's needs
- Work closely with OS and SoC partners to ensure the software SDK is optimized for each platform
- Be a contributor of new concepts, methods or technologies
- Keep up to date with market trends, emerging technologies, research the competition and provide competitive product analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required in a technical field
- Masters, advanced degree and/or MBA highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in software product management
- Strong technical acumen with prior experience and a proven track record launching software products on mobile, PC, or gaming platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows/Mac OS & Android OS will be vital to your success
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills will be important for this role
- Previous experience working closely with Operating System (OS) and/or SoC partners is highly desired
- Knowledge of Dolby's imaging products, ecosystem, technologies, customers, and markets will be a definite plus
- Experience in Agile product development (e. g. SCRUM) a plus
- Experience in working in new or new technology areas, and developing complex products or solutions that are the first to market is highly desired
- Passion for enhancing the entertainment experience and for "pushing the technology envelope"
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas. International travel and work experience desirable
- If you are energized by the idea of driving and helping to define the next generation consumer HDR imaging experiences across mobile, PC, and gaming that wiill revolutionize the HDR imaging experience for consumers, t hen please apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top