Software Engineer, Sound Technology R&D
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in evolving broadcast technology. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a cooperative culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is currently seeking a talented individual who will design and implement software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. The qualified candidate will take part in Dolby TrueHD development work on an Agile team based in Wroclaw.
The position objective is to design and implement software for audio components for a lossless multi-channel and object-based audio codec. A Software Engineer on Sound Technology R&D possesses skills relevant to software development in Dolby's Advanced Technology Group, from algorithmic and system development, to testing, and understanding embedded implementation. This is a position where technical communications, expertise, teamwork, and stakeholder cooperation are key to delivering business value.
Development and implementation of audio algorithms in reference code on a range of target platforms for demonstration and integration into consumer products:
- Write software in C language.
- Create modular, reliable, efficient and readable code that adheres to Dolby standards.
- Follow software design requirements and performance goals.
- Produce and maintains accurate design documentation and code comments.
- Maintain software archives.
- Use established software tools (design, development, debugging) and technologies (operating systems, libraries, packages).
- Cooperate with QA Engineers on writing test plans and test cases using modern software engineering techniques
- Create and maintain sufficient technical documentation for technologies and implementation kits to help facilitate technical communications among engineers.
- Employ scripting for automation tasks.
- Utilize the ear as a test tool; listen for drop outs and clicks due to implementation errors, cooperate with Critical Listeners or become one!
- B.S. or M.S.in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-years' experience in software development of embedded software and/or real-time systems
- Demonstrated advanced C or C++ language programming skills
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- Experience with bug tracking, code review and revision tracking tools
- Knowledge of a major scripting language (Python is preferred)
Expertise in these areas would be an advantage:
- Matlab programming skills
- Experience working in Scrum or Kanban
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top