Software Engineer in Test - Consumer Entertainment
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Software Engineer in Test within the Consumer Entertainment QA Team.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will be utilizing and developing complex automation frameworks to test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. Use your engineering creativity to help influence how we design our test infrastructure and help develop tools to reach our project goals.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- High-level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications;
- The ability to work unsupervised when required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development in one or more of the following programming languages or similar - C/C++/Python/Perl/MATLAB/Batch/Bash;
- Demonstrated strong analytical thinking and passion for problem solving;
- Understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance;
- Software testing experience, including designing and implementing test plans and test cases;
- Experience designing and implementing digital signal processing algorithms;
- Experience with embedded systems and real time operating systems;
- A passion for audio and technology and a high level of motivation and initiative;
- Software testing fundamentals (design and implementation) and QA processes
- Build up to take your ISTQB test qualification
- Test automation development (Python + C)
- Development of audio skills for analysis and critical listening
- What's on the cutting edge of sound technology
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Build X-Geo technical partnerships with our global QA teams
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top