Software Engineer in Test, Communications Group
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are looking to recruit a talentedSoftware Engineerin Testin the Voice Communications group. Dolby Voice® focuses our legendary audio expertise on business communications to powerfully improve the conferencing experience for everyone. In this exciting new role, you will test voice conferencingsystems and a web-based configuration and management system that will enable the next generation of Dolby Conference Phone hardware platforms. You will contribute to the design of complex QA test environments as well as develop and update cutting-edge test tools. This is a great opportunity for a junior-mid level Software/QA engineer to join a world-class team of engineers who will help take yourcareer to the next level.
- Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Design and develop new automation tools, and leverage and update existing tools
- Develop test plans and test cases for manual and automated testing
- Take part in the formal review process throughout the QA lifecycle
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug and resolve issues/bugs.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
Required skills :
- Minimum BSc degree in science or engineering.
- 1+ years' experience working as software or software test engineer or equivalent
- Familiarity with Linux systems and Linux command line control
- Understanding of all aspects of software testing process, bug tracking and reporting
- Excellent oral and written English language skills, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem-solving.
- Experience building test automation frameworks
- Experience working with networks (CA Certs, firewalls, SNMP, routing) and layer protocols such as RTP, SIP, UDP, TCP and IP
- Experience in working with or testing voice conferencing systems
- Basic understanding of signal processing
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top