Software Engineer - Dolby Vision
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby Labs is looking for a talented Software Engineer to help develop the next generation of motion picture experiences - what we call Dolby Vision. The Platform Development Team is centered in Sunnyvale, California, and is responsible for delivering industry-leading algorithms and packages for video compression and color management. Above all, we strive to deliver a unique "In Dolby" experience that is immediately obvious to all users.
As a Software Engineer you will:
• Develop software that enables the next generation of video technologies created by Dolby. Work closely with the Research group to develop proof of concept platforms, SDKs, plug-ins for external products, etc.
• Engage in software development, mapping complex processing power intensive algorithms to existing encoder and decoder platforms, writing unit test applications, regression tests, and other test vectors, etc.
• Analyze the breakthrough video concepts developed by research and provide feedback to research on the specifications and other technical documentation.
• Comprehend the reference code from the research with an in-depth understanding of each module.
• Produce and maintain accurate documentation and software archives. Bring together development activities with both internal teams and external customers in a professional manner using the latest software tools to enhance the communication.
• Adaptation, optimization, and implementation of Dolby advanced video technologies on x86 SIMD and multi-core architectures and GPGPU using OpenCL or CUDA.
• Optimize and customize the reference C model to various chipsets or embedded platforms, e.g. ARM.
• Build unit tests, regression tests and other test vectors to validate the implementations.
• Create modular, well-organized and properly documented code and produce accurate documentation.
Skills, Education, and Experience Required
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Exposure to image processing algorithms including implementation aspects.
• Exposure to H.264/HEVC video standards, MPEG2-TS, MP4, adaptive streaming and HDMI standard, and the implementation of these in consumer products.
• At least 1-year experience in video processing-related software and systems development on ARM and MIPS based cores used in multiple SOC ICs typically found in consumer products. Alternatively, at least 1year of experience in video processing-related software and systems development on x86 or GPU based consumer software applications.
• C programming, optimize algorithms using intrinsics or assembly.
• Exposure to Linux and Windows development environments, and best practice in large-scale development projects.
• Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to quickly changing priorities in fast-paced project development.
• Be creative, have strong problem-solving ability, good verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top