Software Engineer - Advanced Imaging Engineering
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Sr. Software Engineer, Advanced Imaging Technology
The Dolby Imaging Advanced Development team focusses on creating new technologies to improve the visual media experience. We are the prime driver behind High Dynamic Range video technologies in the market, this team invented the Dolby Vision and its successful adoption into consumer electronics as well as the content creation industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the CEG Imaging Device Product Engineering Group, you will help develop software that enables the next generation of video technologies created by Dolby. The candidate hired for this position will be part of a team that works closely with the Research group to develop proof of concept platforms, SDKs, plug-ins for external products, etc. You will be responsible for a wide range of activities such as graphics software development, mapping complex processing power intensive image processing algorithms to Mobile/Gaming/ PC/STB devices, interacting with customers, etc.
- Analyze/Understand the breakthrough video concepts developed by research and provide feedback to research on the specifications and other technical documentation.
- Comprehend the reference code from the research with an in-depth understanding of each module.
- Analyze and understand the system architecture of the SoC chipsets used in consumer devices supplied by partner companies and create high level design to map the Dolby technologies on their products.
- Create modular, well-organized and properly documented code.
- Optimize and customize the reference code to various chipsets designed using SIMD, GPU Shaders, etc.
- Develop unit tests, regression tests and other test vectors to validate the implementations.
- Produce and maintain accurate documentation and software archives.
- Partner on development activities with both internal members of the video engineering team, R&D, QA and selected external companies in a professional manner using the latest software tools to enhance the communication.
- Continue to assess alternate IC platforms for suitability for the implementation of Dolby video technologies.
- Participate and contribute to future concepts related to the Dolby video technologies and implementation vehicles for other Dolby technology.
Skills and Education
- Desired Skills:
- BS in EE, CS or equivalent,
- 3+ years of engineering experience in embedded software development for consumer devices such as Mobile, Gaming, STB, Digital Media Adapters, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in C or C++ programming.
- Nice to Have
- Experience developing image processing algorithms on consumer devices based on CPU/GPU flavor from different companies such as ARM, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Apple, etc.
- Experience working with Matlab is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top