Senior Test Infrastructure Engineer
What if there was absolutely nothing stopping you from inventing the next big thing? What would you do if you thought you could enhance the entertainment experience so that consumers were willing to wait hours in line, because they just had to have it?
Now is your chance to explore the possibilities, tap in to your creativity, and make your ideas a reality.
Be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team. For more than 40 years, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Now Dolby is defining high-definition audio and systems for delivering breathtaking digital cinema. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That’s what keeps us on the leading edge of the industry.
Our company philosophy encourages creativity, collaboration, and the desire to perceive things differently. We have been recognized as one of the top 100 best places to work in the Bay Area. We offer a unique and rich array of benefits, including a flexible work schedule and an assortment of health coverage options. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
The test infrastructure engineer is part of Global Test Infrastructure; a global team responsible for developing tools, infrastructure and software to support re-usable global test infrastructure leveraged by multiple engineering teams at Dolby.
The position is responsible for introducing and supporting test automation tools and infrastructure, developed globally, to his/her local stakeholders and communicate status and delivery to the Global Test Infrastructure team. The candidate collaborates with others to unify the direction and challenges taken by the local test teams, to avoid duplication of effort and maximize efficiency across test teams and within the GTI team.
The Global Test Infrastructure Team builds test frameworks and infrastructure with proven open source technologies, and provides integration layers and tools specific to Dolby’s domain. Therefore, the candidate must be aware of advancements in the open source community in order to propose them, lead proof of concepts (pilots) and finally deploy them.
This position requires skill in the area of software designs, software development, system and integration testing of the Global Test Infrastructure’s deliverables and internal tools.
The position must excel at communication and providing complete and accurate documentation for the end users.
The position requires a versatile and curious mind, always willing to explore new areas and draw parallels between technologies. Choices of technologies and languages for a particular implementation should be based on the deliverable to accomplish.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops features and bug fixes for existing test automation software tools and plugins that are written in Python (multiple versions).
- Participates in reviews and collaborates with team members and end-users to design new plugins and new capabilities within the overall test automation infrastructure.
- Develops integration with non-Python based software and hardware.
- Learns new component and software design techniques and incorporates into existing tools and services.
- Prepares code documentation according to standards and best practices and publishes for Dolby engineering re-use and consumption.
- Collaborates closely with engineering users (e.g. developers, QA) on new ideas and designs for re-usable tools and plugins.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with both customers and team members distributed across the globe on test automation solution design and implementation.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can receive and set priorities on self-driven tasks and follow a timeline.
- Assists teams in updating and maintaining regression test automation scripts and consulting users on best practices.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Software development in Python 4+ Years.
- Software development using version control systems and producing excellent technical documentation (samples strongly encouraged).
- Proficiency with a test framework such as nose, unit test or py.test
- Demonstrated software development leveraging python to produce modular and reusable classes (OOP) and structures across multiple test projects and test software and hardware tools.
- Demonstrated collaboration on creating and designing new tools and infrastructure to support broader software engineering functions in a high-tech company.
- C / C++ 2+ years
- Experience in delivering python projects as release packages.
- Experience with Sphinx and ReST
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Software development experience in Audio and/or Video domains.
- Development and use of test scripts in Python and Py.Test in testing software and hardware.
- Development experience building Python C extensions.
- Experience with boost:python a plus.
- Web services integration development in Python.
- Experience using continous build and integration systems.
- Development Experience with testing software on embedded and other hardware devices.
- Experience in automating GUI tests/interaction (prefer selenium and/or sikuli)
- Experience with testing and/or development on Android and IOS test frameworks.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top