Senior Technical Writer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Tech Writer, you contribute directly to the development of Dolby Vision technology products, as well as serve as a member of the Tech Comms team that works across all Dolby business lines. You engage daily with developers, QA, product managers, support engineers, and program managers to deliver instruction on developing products that are changing the way the world sees visual content on screens.
You may be just the right fit for this, if you can:
- Work independently on multiple and/or larger, more complex projects
- Engage with dynamic development teams delivering cutting-edge technology
- Develop and coordinate approval of task-based information that is structured to maximize reusability
- Represent the quality standards of top-notch technical communication to your development partners
- Contribute to the advancement of those standards across the Tech Comms team
We are looking for:
- Minimum five years relevant professional experience
- Minimum five years experience in silicon, video processing/distribution or similar complex technology domain
- Minimum five years global English-language technical writing experience
- Experience using minimalist writing and structured authoring principles to maximize searchability, filtering, and content reusability across delivery types, products, and versions
- Experience designing and writing content using XML, DITA, and content management systems
- Skills in information architecture; XSLT, XSL-FO, OT, HTML, and CSS
- Experience/skills/coursework in:
- Audio/video codecs and production
- Hardware, software development
- UX design
- Broadcast and Internet delivery technologies
- Tech Comms content development and production tools
- Localization and internationalization of technical communications and software/hardware UIs
- Bachelor's degree
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top