Senior Technical Writer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Tech Writer based in our Berlin office, you contribute directly to the development of Dolby Vision technology products, as well as serve as a member of the Tech Communications team that works across all Dolby business lines. You engage daily with developers, QA, product managers, support engineers, and program managers to deliver instruction on developing products that are changing the way the world sees visual content on screens.
You may be just the right fit for this, if you can:
- Work independently on multiple and/or larger, more complex projects
- Engage with dynamic development teams delivering cutting-edge technology
- Develop and coordinate approval of task-based information that is structured to maximize reusability
- Represent the quality standards of top-notch technical communication to your development partners
- Contribute to the advancement of those standards across the Tech Comms team
We are looking for:
- Minimum five years English-language technical writing experience
- Understanding of software development practices
- Experience in audio/video processing/distribution, silicon, or similar complex technology domain
- Experience using minimalist writing and structured authoring principles to maximize search ability, filtering, and content reusability across delivery types, products, and versions
- Experience designing and writing content using XML, DITA, and content management systems
- Understanding of XML publishing processes
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Experience/skills/coursework in:
- Programming languages
- Audio/video codecs and production
- UX design
- Broadcast and Internet delivery technologies
- XSLT, XSL-FO, OT, HTML, and CSS
- Tech Comms content development and production tools
- Localization and internationalization of technical communications and software/hardware UIs
- Issue tracking and collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Bachelor's degree
Build your career profile,also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you.
Express your interest.If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description.The Recruiteris is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top