Senior Staff Engineer Software
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Senior Cloud Staff Engineer Software
We are seeking a talented senior backend engineer to join a growing team building out a cloud services platform at Dolby.
You would be a key member of a high-visibility team developing reliable, scalable and secure web-services & APIs using AWS,
Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other cloud infrastructure.
You'll be building out new product features, expanding our APIs, improving service performance and reliability,
and much more. This is a senior technical contributor and developer role which requires deep knowledge of Node.js web-services
development, REST APIs, relational databases, security, and cloud infrastructure. This role demands a candidate capable of doing quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment, following strong software design and process principles. You will be working with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
If you are an expert at designing and developing web services and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you
to help define this exciting new field for Dolby.
The ideal candidate will possess.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
• 4+ years' professional experience designing, developing & deploying commercial, scalable and secure web services.
• 4+ years' professional experience with relational database design, specifically with MySQL or comparable DBMS
• 1+ years' professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or Azure.
• 2+ years of programming experience in Node.js or React.js
• Professional experience with REST API design & development in a CI/CD environment.
• Ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements.
• High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top