Senior Staff Architect - Dolby Vision Platform
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Senior Staff Architect will lead the definition of hardware and software architectures for deployment of Dolby Vision technologies to existing and new products. In collaboration with the platform architecture, product, engineering, and research teams, they will have the opportunity to shape the future success of the Dolby Vision ecosystem.
This is a great role for a technical leader with experience at the intersection of hardware, software, and media. The role will be in our Sunnyvale, CA office, but could also be in our Taipei, Taiwan office for the right candidate.
- Drive the architectural roadmap for deployment of Dolby technologies to hardware-based solutions, including hardware augmentation of software solutions (such as in PCs and mobile devices)
- Drive the architectural roadmap for deployment of Dolby technologies in software-based solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout prototyping and product exploration, development, and deployment to ensure robust ecosystem and products.
- Create and maintain best practices for high quality product engineering, development best practices and conduct architectural reviews.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, other related technical field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of product experience delivering novel multimedia products in the consumer electronics, PC, or mobile markets throughout the complete product development cycle
- Strong experience in hardware and SoC architecture, including experience in consumer silicon design, interest or experience in compute (CPU/GPU) architectures
- Experience with Android, Windows, and/or Apple media architectures
- Skills in defining and communicating modern architectural design methods (such as modular and extensible architectures) as well as API design
- Ability to clearly express technical concepts to customers and internal engineering and product teams and advocate for good design practices
- This position can be based in either Sunnyvale or Taiwan
- Must be willing to travel
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Back to top