Senior Software QA Engineer
- Shenzhen, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. We have an environment of state-of-the art R&D with a culture - big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference. You will be working on the development, implementation, test engineering and quality assurance of innovative imaging/video processing algorithms, Dolby Vision, and related technologies. Mentored by our experienced senior engineers, your work will contribute to our overall product and technology roadmap.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform software development, create test setups/experiments related to mobile platform.
- Design, develop and execute test cases targeted to test a variety of innovative Dolby Imaging/Video algorithms and software on mobile devices.
- Test and evaluate the Dolby Vision video processing technologies and new features with respect to reliability, accuracy, and usability.
- Provide feedback on specific features and record all bugs and issues encountered during automated testing.
- Able to work in fast-paced working environment; Agile teamwork experience is a plus.
- Partner with technical writers to provide and review technical data relating to test suite going into technical publication.
- Maintain and enhance the test-setup including hardware, software, and Test Automation environments.
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Create tools for internal use to support software engineering best practices.
- Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work.
- Completed Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis and passion for multimedia technologies and 8+ years of experience in professional imaging and or system and application engineering.
- Experience in building & shipping video playback devices like STB, TV, DMA and mobile, etc.
- Experience in coding with C and/or C++. Expertise with one or more scripting languages (PERL, Python, BASH, etc.) is expected.
- Experience with at least one automation testing frameworks, such as Pytest, Selenium, Appium, on one of the operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- Hands on experience of bringing up SOCs (Board Support Package), Porting OS (Linux or any other RTOS), writing Device drivers (ex: Video in/out), is a plus.
- Extensive experience in various media frameworks, e.g. Android, Microsoft, Linux and other leading Operating systems video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC.
- Experience working with streaming technologies and protocols including HLS, MPEG-DASH, Smooth Streaming, Play Ready, MP4 containers and Transport stream containers.
- Technical skills and knowledge of Streaming, Broadcast, MVPD content distribution systems and architectures are very desirable.
- Expertise of various media frameworks (ex: Android, Microsoft, Linux and other leading Operating systems) is required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies like AWS is a plus.
- Experience of leading a small QA team (2-3 junior QA engineer) is a plus.
- Exposure to Perforce or Git, Jira and Salesforce.
- Knowledge in HDMI and DisplayPort specification is a plus.
- Software development/testing experience on popular embedded system platforms (such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino) is a plus.
- Testing professional consumer electronics products
- Knowledge of video technologies, cinema and television production and post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of HDR technologies such as Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG is a plus
- Performance testing, monitoring and debugging is a plus.
Back to top