Senior Software Engineer (IP protection solutions)
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
The position is with Dolby Laboratories, Consumer Entertainment Group in Wrocław, Poland.
The main objective is creating solutions that would protect Dolby's IP against illegal use. One of the focus areas is Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) software solutions, typically implemented on ARM-based devices such as mobile phones, digital TVs etc.
Illegal use includes but is not limited to copying software to another device, reverse engineering or enabling non-licensed features.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently design and implement security concepts around existing multimedia technologies
- Write code, following good practices in embedded software engineering, leading to well-documented, reliable and easy to maintain software components
- Be the local expert on protecting Dolby's multimedia technologies (e.g. using TEE)
- Work proficiently with ARM
- Ensure, relevant information is shared within the team but also with stakeholders
Required Education & Skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable field
- Proven track record of 3+ years of professional experience in Software Security on project for both the Normal and Secure World applications
- Solid handling of "hacker tools" like interactive disassemblers, debuggers, emulators, virtual machines
- Understanding of at least one TEE flavor
- Proficiency in C-programming skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Good command of English, written and spoken
Nice to have
- Working experience with ARM assembler language
- Understanding of OS internals (e.g. Android Media Framework)
- ARM TrustZone and ARM Trusted Firmware knowledge
- Android devices hacking skills (rooting, customizing, unbricking)
- Good understanding of protection mechanism's impact on performance
If you are interested, please apply online at www.dolby.com/careers with your CV as well as a cover letter.We keep the right to contact only with the selected candidates.
Please, add the following clause: "I hereby authorise Dolby to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process".
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top