Senior Software Engineer in Test - Consumer Entertainment
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Senior Software Engineer in Test within the Consumer Entertainment Technology group. The CET group focuses on Broadcast, Video, Cloud and streaming technologies.
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test you will be utilizing and developing complex automation frameworks to test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will also play a key role as a QA lead, providing test and automation solutions on complex, cutting-edge projects. You will need to have strong coding skills (ideally in C/C++, Java and Python), allied with a deep understanding of QA fundamentals, to be successful in this role.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 4+ years’ experience working as software engineer or software test engineer or equivalent;
- 1+ year’s experience working with multimedia, broadcast or DSP and coding technologies;
- Ability to design, build and adapt automation tools;
- Ability to lead projects, including test planning, test design, test coverage, test approach, risk assessment, and reporting metrics;
- Demonstrated strong analytical thinking and passion for problem solving;
- Understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance;
- High-level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications;
- The ability to work unsupervised when required;
Desirable but not essential:
- Professional experience with cloud technologies such as REST APIs and AWS
- Experience designing and implementing digital signal processing algorithms;
- Experience with embedded systems and real time operating systems;
- A passion for audio and technology and a high level of motivation and initiative;
- Experience with broadcast or visual technologies.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top