(Senior) Software Engineer - Comms Media Server
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Communication is a basic and essential human need. At Dolby, in the Communications Business Group, we are dedicated to provide the highest quality communication experience possible. Dolby Voice Conferencing is our solution to use cutting edge technologies to bring state-of-the-art conferencing experience to billions of users.
Who are we:
We are an elite team of software engineers in the Dolby's Communications Business Group. We work on the server side components of our world-leading Dolby Voice Conferencing solution. We live and breathe low latency and highly efficient C++ code running 24/7 on Linux servers. We build highly scalable, maintainable and extensible code. We are proud to be a core part of our business, building a product that will make a difference in billions of people's lives.
Whom we are looking for:
- For this position, we are open on the experience level of the candidate so we are looking for a talented Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer with a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or with equivalent experiences
- Must have strong and proven C/C++ coding skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills (can articulate complex problems and solutions)
- Must have Linux development experience
- Must have the ability to autonomously debug complex problem, research new technologies and provide efficient and innovative solutions
- Should have strong interests and a curious mind in computer algorithms and good engineering practices
- Good to know new C++ idioms and features (C++11 and above)
- Good to have some interests in new technologies in conferencing, such as, cloud, WebRTC, etc.
In this position you will be working in the core team in charge of the server side development of our Dolby Voice Conferencing solution. You will be part of a dynamic and energetic SCRUM team. Your responsibilities are:
- Server development for Linux platform using modern C++
- Highly scalable real-time processing server development, using multi-threaded parallel computing and scalable architecture
- Plan, design, develop and deliver well-structured and reliable software modules in a timely manner.
- Participate and contribute in software design, implementation, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Proactively seek to improve the code, documentation and engineering practices of our projects and our team
- Thoroughly evaluate and test software components according to Dolby's test practices to meet high quality assurance standard
- Write technical documentation of work and present work outcomes and progress clearly
- Actively anticipate and mitigate potential issues and risks in a project.
- Develop efficient and innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills within and outside the team.
Back to top