Senior Software Developer, CE Tech Dev
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
As a member of the Content Creation Software Engineering team in Barcelona, you will be developing and maintaining Dolby audio mixing and encoding workflow tools. These tools are a suite of hardware and software applications that enable post-production facilities and mix stages to create compelling and immersive audio content and encode it for the full breadth of professional and consumer playback environments. The tools this team develops include Dolby Atmos real-time audio mixing software, SDK's to enable 3rd parties and desktop applications.
The candidate will work from the Barcelona office and will team up with local and remote software developers and QA engineers.
• Work within a Scrum team of developers, QA, UX designers, and product managers to deliver pro-audio software with quality and in a timely manner.
• Apply project management techniques, produce high-quality estimates and give critical advice on when a product is ready to be released.
• Apply sound engineering practices to develop software including agile practices to keep the design simple and technical debt at a minimum.
• Stay abreast of industry software development tools and best practices.
• Work closely with beta customers and reproduce and fix bugs reported by QA and from the field.
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent).
• 3+ years of industry experience.
• Proficiency in C and C++ 11.
• Experience in best programming practices, design, and architectural patterns.
• Strong sense of clean code and simple design.
• Experience with debugging complex systems and issues; follow up on bug reports and resolve problems.
• Experience with refactoring complex systems in a stable manner.
• Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks.
• Excellent oral and written communication in English.
• A passion for audio and media production and tools such as digital audio workstations.
• Experience in (real-time) audio software development.
• Fluent in Spanish or Catalan.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with other languages such as Objective C, Python, Ruby, Rust, Haskell, F#, etc.
• Experience with Qt and QML.
• Experience in audio plugin development (VST, AAX, AU).
• Experience in GUI development.
EVERY BIT AMAZING!
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Planta 10 08018 Barcelona,
Back to top