Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer, Barcelona
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future of Cinema and Home Theatre.
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theatres to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in evolving cinema and home theatre technology. We are big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a member of the Cinema and Home Theatre Content Creation Engineering team, you will be developing and maintaining Dolby audio mixing and encoding workflow tools. These tools are a suite of hardware and software applications that enable post production facilities and mix stages to create compelling audio content, and encode it for the full breadth of professional and consumer playback environments. The tools this group maintains include remote web applications, real-time audio system software, Pro Tools plug-ins, desktop encoding applications, and SDKs for console and third party application workflow integration.
The candidate will work from the Barcelona office and will team up with local and remote software developers and QA engineers.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) 5+ years industry experience.
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Experience in best programming practices, design and architectural patterns. Strong sense of clean code and simple design
- Experience with debugging complex systems and issues; follow up on bug reports and resolve problems
- Experience with refactoring complex systems in a stable manner
- Experience in GUI development
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Experience in (realtime) audio software development
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks
- Experience with other languages such as Objective C, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Proficiency in C++11
- Experience with Qt and QML
- Experience in audio plugin development (VST, AAX, AU)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top