Senior Sales Manager, Licensing Sales
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
- Be Responsible for building and maintaining the primary business relationship with a specified set of Dolby licensees. Take up the Global KAM role for Lenovo.
- Develops revenue and commercial win goals. Prepares business plans and licensing penetration strategy in line with other account/business managers working the same set of licensee groups.
- Maintains healthy business environment for Dolby by researching and monitoring competitive activity, and identifying both current and future customer needs.
- Regularly interacts with licensees and license applicants as necessary, regarding technical issues, quality, contractual, financial, and public relations activities related to technology licensing.
- Fosters business development by:
- Seeking out and signing up new licensees, promoting excellence in the quality of customer service and responsiveness and identifying new licensing opportunities through enhanced or existing product offerings.
- Working closely with the company's technology offerings to bring about new applications for the company's licensed technologies
- Interfacing with engineering, marketing, and technology development, as necessary, to bring to fruition.
- Interacts with the senior management of other divisions within Dolby and high-level executives at licensees to identify and analyses business and licensing problems of moderate scope and makes recommendations based on identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action and consults with the team Director and/or other senior managers in division to establish both short and long term pricing and licensing fee strategies.
- Participates with other managers in the division in helping to formulate both technical and business direction for the division. Helps to establish and administer budgets.
- Oversee the licensing relationship with companies and areas defined in his/her target group for all licensed Dolby technologies. Promote the quality and value associated with Dolby brand and trademarks.
- Manage the day-to-day communication activities with the target group, track, and ensure following- up on outstanding issues that the SF offices has with licensees. This may include working with the liaison offices.
- Interact with licensees and license applicants as needed to conduct the business of technology licensing using a diplomatic, professional and service-oriented approach, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings.
- Work to develop and understand the licensee's perspective and convey these ideas to the SF office to help create and maintain excellence in the overall customer relationship.
- Recruit, train and develop support staff if appropriate.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events to keep abreast of industry developments, promote Dolby technologies and examine the potential of new markets for Dolby technologies.
- Perform routine management duties such as hiring, training, performance management, counselling, policy implementation, and employee relations, etc. Perform duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the Dolby management team, subject to approval by direct manager and/or department VP. Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives.
- Assist team members as needed.
Education Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- BSEE or equivalent. Exposure to applications of audio and video products and technologies or 10+ years of relevant work experience. MBA a plus but not required.
- Experience should include exposure to at least one of the following areas: DSP, SW development and/or licensing programs, analogue and digital circuitry, PC architecture, broadcast technologies or testing consumer electronic products.
- Strong Sales or Marketing experiences in MNC.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment. CET 6 or above.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships and demonstrated negotiation skills which benefit the licensee and Dolby.
- Interest in music desirable.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top