Senior QA Engineer (IP protection solutions)
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
The position is with Dolby Laboratories, Consumer Entertainment Group in Wrocław, Poland.
The main objective is creating solutions that would protect Dolby's IP against illegal use. One of the focus areas is Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) software solutions, typically implemented on ARM-based devices such as mobile phones, digital TVs etc.
Illegal use includes but is not limited to copying software to another device, reverse engineering or enabling non-licensed features.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently test security concepts around existing multimedia technologies
- Design and implement test cases to for the validation of implemented IP protection mechanisms
- Leverage test automation using Python and Continuous Integration environment
- Assure good practices in test engineering, leading to well-documented, reliable, and easy to maintain test base are being followed
- Be the local expert on protecting Dolby's multimedia technologies (e.g. using TEE)
- Work proficiently with ARM
- Ensure, relevant information is shared within the team but also with stakeholders
Required Education & Skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable field
- Proven track record of 3+ years of professional experience in testing Software Security on project for both the Normal and Secure World applications
- Solid handling of "hacker tools" like interactive disassemblers, debuggers, emulators, virtual machines
- Understanding of at least one TEE flavor
- Proficiency in Python programming skills
- Structured test engineering knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Good command of English, written and spoken
Nice to have
- General embedded security systems knowledge
- Understanding of OS internals (e.g. Android Media Framework)
- Android devices hacking skills (rooting, customizing, unbricking)
- Practical knowledge of py.test framework
- Good understanding of performance testing
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top