Senior QA Engineer, Consumer Entertainment Technology
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
The position is with Dolby Laboratories, Consumer Entertainment Group in Wrocław, Poland. The main objective of a successful candidate is to provide quality analysis expertise as a member of an agile project team working on audio platform software that ends up powering Home Theater and mobile devices. Work across operating systems and architectures ensuring spectacular consumer experiences.
Essential Job Functions
- Test software within existing multimedia technologies and frameworks
- Design and implement test cases for the validation of implemented features
- Leverage test automation using Python in Continuous Integration environment
- Introduce and nurture good practices in test engineering leading to well-documented, reliable, and easy maintain test base
- Improve existing processes and define new ones
- Become the local expert on Dolby technologies
- Ensure relevant product quality information is shared within the team but also with business stakeholders
Qualifications and personal skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record of 3+ years in software testing, including hands-on test automation
- Very good Python programming skills
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux command line interface
- Well-structured software and test engineering knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player's mindset
- Very good written and spoken English
Nice to have (will be considered an advantage)
- General embedded systems knowledge
- Understanding of Linux internals
- Practical knowledge of py.test framework
- Experience with performance testing
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top