Senior QA Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
If you are an individual that is passionate about what they do and loves to test and break things to make them work better, then this Senior Software Test Engineer position could be right for you.
You will create the design of QA test environments as well as the design and execution of them.
If you love working with a great bunch of talented folks in a collaborative environment then we want to hear from you.
What do we do?
- We conduct early project scoping including collaboration with research, marketing, and development teams, review of proposed technologies, development of test strategies, and contribution of proposals for testability.
- Work independently for project planning, resource estimation, task split, test progress tracking, and coach and develop junior engineers.
- Test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
- We design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
- Serve as a member of project core teams.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and standard methodologies and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
What skills we would love for you to have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
- Experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
- Programming skills in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Knowledge and experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Linux, Android, etc.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a dynamic engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top