Senior Program Manager
- Beijing, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of Enhanced Consumer Devices. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Consumer Entertainment Group based in Beijing, to help bring the next generation of spectacular audio experiences to market. You will use your business and technical acumen to ensure that programs are efficiently executed to meet the strategic market needs and opportunities. You will drive complex programs from initiation to delivery while using your careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communication skills. You can expect to handle a variety of demanding programs with multiple cross-functional dependencies and team dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Drive the activities of cross-functional teams to develop the newest consumer and professional audio technologies for the market.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure alignment of goals, timelines, expectations, and resolve any issues and/or escalations.
- Manage and revise the Plan of Record (POR).
- Monitor program Return on Investment (ROI) and ensure products meet business and customer needs.
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication with key partners and that all partner needs are being addressed.
- Provide timely and effective program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as appropriate.
- Partner with key stakeholders in each group to align on overall objectives and plan and gain their support.
- Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Communicate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Dolby's process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Contribute to the refinement of program management methodologies within Dolby. Improve development and business processes continuously within programs.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or similar coursework.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in driving software and hardware product development programs from inception to end of life, as a project and/or program manager.
- Can-do attitude: ability to roll-up the sleeves and fill-in the gap as needed.
- Specific experience working with cross-geographical teams - the ideal candidate will have several years working in a US-based or multi-national company, across multiple time-zones, with external partners and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to persuade and present across the organization, from individual contributors to senior executives.
- Superb knowledge and demonstrable skillful application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
- Practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation.
- Ability to operate at a high-level and also dive deep with probing questions when needed.
- Strong drive to uncover problems early and ensure they are addressed.
- Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in Confluence and Defect Tracking tool (ex: Jira).
- Experience in consumer entertainment product development or technology is a plus.
- Some International travel required (2-3 times per year).
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Back to top