Senior Product Analyst
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As the Senior Product Analyst, you will use our Dolby system development kit to test TVs, STBs, AVRs and similar products for audio and video performance. These activities include: Testing of emerging and current technologies, troubleshooting system problems, development of alternative test methods and procedures. Applying professional and technical concepts, you will integrate knowledge and experience consistent with a skilled specialist. You should be comfortable working under general direction, following standard work practices and procedures. Work often involves schematics, block diagrams and multi-step setup instructions. In addition, you will exchange detailed technical information and provide support to our internal and external customers. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly skilled at using discretion and independent judgment to solve problems and make recommendations.
Bring your enthusiasm and ability to communicate complex technical issues both verbally and in written reports. You will posses a blend of self-motivation and ability to work well under minimal supervision, while being able to determine methods and procedures to use on new assignments. Your strong collaboration skills have marked you out as a team player, whilst your ownership and drive has shown team members and colleagues that you can prioritize a continually changing workload. Leverage your experience utilizing test, development or diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscopes, computers, signal generators, signal analyzers and specialized test apparatus (e.g. Audio Precision).
Essential Job Functions
• Testing of licensed audio or video consumer product samples.
• Compiling and generating test data and test reports.
• Communication with internal and external customers regarding complex technical evaluation issues.
• Representing the company during onsite evaluations.
• Engineering support - hardware and software testing and troubleshooting, data collection and documentation, development/proofing of new test procedures and techniques.
• Evaluating new or unique applications of Dolby technologies.
• Miscellaneous projects (product check-in/disposition, prototype construction, equipment maintenance, listening room organization/maintenance, etc.).
• Training of junior technicians and licensing engineers in test methods/diagnosis.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Required
• This could be a junior or senior position.
• Experience in electronics technology, preferably audio/video-related, including hands-on experience in troubleshooting electronics circuits and devices. Some professional or semi-pro audio experience helpful, especially critical listening skills.
• Well-developed technical writing skills. Clear and concise test results and test procedure documentation. Articulate internal and external customer communication.
• Technical evaluation of applications using Dolby technologies. Troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software.
• Solid foundation in electronic testing and analog/digital/software analysis with proven troubleshooting skills.
• Additional coursework as it relates to job. (e.g., computer programming, DSP, etc.)
• Knowledge of broadcast standards, HDMI interface and IEC61937/60958 is a plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top