Senior Mobile Developer - Advanced Media Systems
- Sydney, Australia
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our Advanced Media Systems team focused on drastically enhancing OTT Video delivery - minimizing buffering, maximizing data rate and minimizing startup time. You will have the opportunity to contribute across mobile app development, server-side APIs and cloud media delivery infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in a dynamic and supportive team, working on exciting mobile audio-video playback and streaming technology.
- Develop and deliver mobile audio-video playback and streaming applications.
- Contribute to high quality mobile app architecture.
- Apply software engineering design patterns to develop well-structured, performant application code.
- Collaborate as a member of a project scrum team and follow industry best practice software development processes.
- Efficiently handle ambiguity and multiple competing priorities.
- Analyze and model media delivery engineering problems.
- Optimize low-level, performance-critical code on mobile platforms
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
- 3+ years' experience developing native Android or iOS apps including shipping on respective App stores.
- Experience using APIs from within mobile applications.
- Experience with either Android or iOS native app development
- Experienced and comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Object-oriented design skills
- Experience with digital media delivery techniques
- Some knowledge of application and transport protocols including low level networking implementations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Back to top