Senior Manufacturing and Test Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Senior Manufacturing and Test Engineer is responsible for all aspects of manufacturing and test processes at internal and external sites including hands-on development or oversight/review of PCBA (SMT), Mechanical build, test, and pack-out (FATP).
The MTE in this role must have an in-depth knowledge on hardware design and debug, SMT/FATP manufacturing processes and test methodology, and hands-on experience working in and/or managing these activities. This position is responsible for all aspects of product build and test through all stages in the product lifecycle, from DFx feedback during product design, production process issue identification and issue resolution during development, carrying through continuous improvement and product maintenance activities during production and ramp down at EOL.
This position requires extensive travel in Asia. Primary day-to-day activity will be at locations in Johor Bahru, Malaysia with occasional travel to Thailand, China, and the US. An active passport and ability to travel is required.
• Design, or oversee the design and development of, manufacturing process and fixturing at Dolby's manufacturing partner facilities.
• Design, or oversee manufacturing partner development of, test hardware and test plans at the PCB and FATP level.
• Work cross-functionally with Engineering Design Teams and Program Management to achieve project milestones.
• Develop, or oversee the development of, test scripts for characterization, production and data analysis.
• Provide DFx feedback during development to drive manufacturability and testability into the product design.
• Troubleshoot manufacturing yield and provide solutions that address root cause systemically.
• During NPI stages and MP, provide on-site support to our manufacturing partners, managing production line bring-up including fixtures and test stations.
SKILLS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• 8+ years of direct experience managing the build and test of electronics products with hands-on experience in implementing PCBA and FATP level manufacture, test, programming, and packaging.
• Proficient in analog and digital circuit design and debug. RF is a plus.
• Experience with Failure Analysis to the component level
• Familiarity with test instruments including spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Strong experience programming and scripting for test in Perth, Visual Basic, C++ and Matlab
• Familiarity and/or past experience with Java, Audio Precision, FABmaster and LabVIEW.
• Experience in ICT (Agilent 3070, Genrad, Teradyne 1860)
• Experience in Boundary Scan Test development
• Excellent English communication skills; verbal and written
• Travel up to 50%
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required, advanced degree preferred
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top