Senior Manager, PC Business Imaging
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Define the next generation Dolby Vision and imaging experiences in the PC ecosystem. We are looking for a visionary, yet hands-on business and product leader who will build Dolby’s HDR product and business in the PC ecosystem.
Working closely with key ecosystem partners and customers such as Microsoft, Intel, AMD, NVidia, and a number of key PC manufacturers, you will define Dolby’s HDR products that provide the best value to those partners and customers, and will successfully build Dolby’s HDR business and revenue in the PC ecosystem. In doing so, you, as the business and product owner, will work closely with Dolby’s cross-functional marketing and technology teams to define the product strategies, execute to develop and deliver the products, and lead the go-to-market strategies and execution. We expect you to be customer-centric and have extensive experiences in defining, building, and launching successful imaging products to the PC market, and in building business and revenue with rapidly growing new technologies in the complex PC ecosystem through OS, browser, OEM, Silicon, graphics cards, and content ecosystem. You must process strong business acumen with the experience and knowledge on complex PC ecosystems and in-depth technical knowledge about the technologies in the PC ecosystem and imaging.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for building the imaging business for Dolby in the PC industry. Responsible for the revenue of the business by owning the business case, business model, segmentation, and pricing.
- Own and manage the whole product lifecycle.
o Exercising the cross-functional leadership, lead the strategic planning, definition, development, management, delivery, revenue, and end of life for your products.
o Working closely with Dolby’s technology teams, taking a creative approach to create new concepts, methods or technologies for the development of new ecosystems.
o Working closely with Dolby’s marketing team, developing compelling product positioning, messaging, and value proposition for customers and partners in the PC industry.
o Develop go-to-market strategies and provide ongoing guidance and support to fields.
- Represent Dolby’s business and products to the partners and customers in the PC industry.
o Work closely with customers and partners to identify and solve customer and partner’s problems and needs.
o Serve as primary product evangelist. Evangelize product to customers, partners, and analysts.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education Requirements
- Track record of creating and growing a successful business with multimedia imaging technologies in the complex PC ecosystem, working with key industry leaders, such as Microsoft, Intel, AMD, NVidia, and major PC manufacturers.
- Deep knowledge of PC ecosystem and technologies with the imaging technology context. Good understanding of HDR video, still imaging, and Dolby’s products and technology is a plus.
- Proven experience in managing across the complete product lifecycle, from initial concept to end-of-life.
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Must have a strong public presence with the talent to present.
- Ability to work independently and lead collaboratively diverse teams, both functionally and geographically.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas. International travel and work experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, technical, or related fields. Previous experience as a software developer desirable.
- Masters, advanced degree and/or MBA desirable.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top