Senior Manager, Electrical Engineering
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than just code and hardware. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As Senior Manager of Electrical Engineering you will be responsible to lead and directly contribute to the electrical design effort that will enable the next generation of immersive entertainment experiences created by Dolby. You will be part of an engineering organization based in San Francisco, working on a high impact strategic program that operates in an internal startup environment. This is an ideal opportunity for a strong leader with a real passion for technology, a deep understanding of the principles that underpin good electrical design, and demonstrated experience in successfully driving such designs through a complete product development process.
- Design, develop and implement electrical architectures from prototyping through mass production
- Build and lead a world-class electrical engineering team
- Organize and lead team member activities according to priorities established by senior management
- Work closely with mechanical and software teams to enable novel and producible solutions
- Work with silicon, board fabrication and assembly vendors to ensure designs can be manufactured and assembled within target cost and complexity constraints
- Work with compliance organizations to ensure designs meet critical regulatory and safety requirements
- Research, explore & prove out new technologies, chipsets, and processes for inclusion in future projects
To be Successful
To be successful in this role, technical skills in designing for high volume consumer electronics products are needed. You will need to balance hands-on development with program logistics and leadership activities. You will develop strong working relationships within the core team and employ excellent communication skills to work cross functionally with other Dolby groups, consultants and suppliers. You will need to deal with unexpected challenges in a collaborative and professional manner.
Other Essential Skills Include
- BSEE, MSEE or equivalent with at least 7 years of relevant electrical engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading an engineering team.
- Exposure to electrical design of consumer electronics products and designing for mass production.
- Consistent track record of implementing complex electrical designs for multi-functional projects.
- CAD design expertise in Mentor Graphics and/or Cadence Design Systems, including schematic design and layout.
- Experience designing for mixed signal and analog systems in consumer electronics products, including power subsystems, audio amplification, operational amplifiers, etc.
- Experience designing power-efficient, battery-operated consumer electronics.
- Experience designing for digital electrical functionality and high-speed signal integrity.
- Knowledge of multi-layer HDI board design, including the use of blind and/or buried vias and microvias.
- Experience designing for and testing against EMI, EMC, and ESD worldwide regulatory standards.
- Experience managing and minimizing cost of the electrical bill of materials (BOM).
- Willing to travel internationally in support of project requirements as needed.
- Experience working within cross-functional, fast-paced teams and coordinating efforts to solve problems and develop innovative products.
- Has an innate interest to stay abreast of new technologies, market trends, changing customer needs and the strategies of competitors.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top