Senior Invoice & Collections Specialist
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The (Sr.) Invoice and Collection Specialist shall drive the end to end cash collections efforts including customer invoicing, withholding tax, overdue payments and assist with credit investigations and acquiring security instruments for an assigned portfolio of customer accounts in APAC Region, mainly in Greater China including Hong Kong and Taiwan. This position reports to APAC Credit and Collection Manager and will be based in Shenzhen.
- Work closely with corporate teams on generating and distributing billing invoices to assigned customer accounts, follow up on any additional requirements to ensure invoices are accepted and ready for payments.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of customer accounts. Establish professional working relationships with customers to facilitate timely resolution of disputes and collections of due and delinquent AR balances.
- Link collection effort to sales target, closely work with Sales team in order to maximize revenue while reducing undesired credit exposure.
- Plan and perform timely customer visit with support from Sales team. Quarterly travelling is required.
- Generate AR aging report and keep customer accounts reconciled. Ensure unapplied credits and payments are identified on a timely basis and cleared against outstanding receivable balances as deemed appropriate. Provide input and recommendations for bad debt reserve preparation.
- Interface with various groups within Finance as well as other departments, including Sales and Operations. Organize and host timely collection reviews.
- Work with collection agency, customer and sales in PRC government approval process related to licensing payments.
- Participate in month, quarter, and year-end closing process where warranted.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Closely working with APAC Accounting team and take on accounting responsibility as needed.
- (Sr.) Invoice and Collection Specialist will gather and interpret information to assist in creditworthiness assessments of new applicants and existing customers.
- Focus on customer service, develop relationships with key decision makers, understand and respond to customer needs, track and monitor account activity.
- Provide statements and invoice copies to customers, provide cash forecasts, conduct account reconciliations, keep customer accounts well documented in the system with pertinent information.
- Prepare monthly collection reports
- Minimum of 4-7 years of Finance and credit & collection experience, or equivalent combination of related business experience or education.
- Relevant experience in China licensing payment process desired.
- Good at interpersonal communications, able to engage people at all levels and have meaningful conversations.
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese and have multinational business experience.
- Leadership, teamwork, presentation skills and ability to communicate ideas, and justification of recommendations, both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Does that sound like you? What are you waiting for, then? We look forward to hearing from you soon!
How You're Rewarded?
- Growing campus in new, exciting modern facility in heart of the downtown district
- Audio software solutions development center, close-knit team with worldwide impact
- All the tech tools you need to succeed: a new smartphone and Mac laptop, Labs, testing, and reliability facilities
- Free drinks, fruits, snacks to keep you well fed, happy hours and office celebrations
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back
- Great social & labor insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you're happy and healthy
- Well-being program, a yearly physical examination and fitness stipend to keep your health
- Employee referral bonuses so you'll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket)
Back to top