Senior International Tax Manager
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby is looking for a Senior International Tax Manager to join its innovative Tax team. This position will be based at the Dolby headquarters in San Francisco mid-Market technology area. The new manager will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic twelve person tax team on all aspects of international taxes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage international quarterly and year end accounting systems for the income taxes process (ASC 740), international Fin 48 documentation and international tax provisions for foreign entities.
- Manage US international tax compliance, including Subpart F, E&P, and Foreign Tax Credit calculations.
- Manage global tax compliance process including review of foreign statutory financials and foreign tax returns.
- Lead the annual transfer pricing study documentation process from a US as well as a BEPS perspective, maintain the Company’s transfer pricing policies and work with outside consultants to develop intercompany documentation.
- Play a key role on both US and international tax audits.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies working with cross functional teams both in the US and internationally along with outside consultants located worldwide.
- Interface with our financial auditors both in the US and internationally.
- Good international tax research skills.
- Manage and train an international tax staff.
- Implement international post-acquisition integrations.
- Work closely with Treasury in managing cash globally.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Tax, Finance, Economics, Business administration.
- Minimum of 8 years of broad international corporate tax experience
- Master’s in Taxation (MST) highly preferred.
- CPA desirable with Corporate and Big Four Accounting Firm experience
- Extensive compliance and planning experience in a multi-national, multi-entity environment including the areas of: Outbound Transactional Structuring, Subpart F, Tax Treaty Research and Interpretation, Intellectual and Intangible Property Planning, Foreign Tax Credit Planning, and Transfer Pricing.
Skills & Ability:
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Proven track record of project management and organization skills and must be able to multi-task.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Self-motivated, and willing to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to work in a fun and fast paced environment.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top