Senior Engineer, CE Technology QA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Company continues to grow in 2018 with several key engineering positions opening up; for this position, we invite you to apply for the role of DSP Software Engineer within the Consumer Entertainment Technology Team. This high-performance team concentrates on state-of-the-art next-generation immersive audio - with a consumer home focus. It has been responsible for developing cutting-edge technologies with worldwide impact such as Dolby Atmos, Dolby AC-4, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Headphone.
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of world-leading audio processing technologies. Applicants require a background in audio DSP and software development or testing, a real passion for audio and technology and a high level of motivation and initiative. You will need skills relevant to the entire chain of algorithm development in Dolby, from research and algorithm prototyping, software and DSP implementation, to testing and quality assurance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Demonstrated skill implementing algorithms in C;
- Proficiency using Python as a scripting language and a scientific computing tool;
- Experience crafting digital signal processing algorithms;
- Ability to build prototypes and create experiments to develop solutions to signal processing problems using tools such as Matlab and Julia.
- Familiar with software engineering design patterns and apply these to develop well-structured code.
- Experience writing real-time signal processing applications on various platforms using C/C++;
- Knowledge of different processor architectures and how to implement efficient code for different architectures;
- An enthusiasm for learning new concepts and a curiosity for exploring how things work
- The ability to tackle complex problems with creative ideas and follow through with building the solution to completion.
- Someone who loves working in a team;
Highly regarded attributes:
- Higher degrees (Masters or PhD);
- Audio algorithm development experience, particularly involving audio signal processing;
- Experience conducting acoustic measurements and critical listening;
- Software testing experience, including designing and implementing test plans and test cases;
- Experience with building test automation frameworks;
Back to top