Senior Engineer, CE Technology
- Beijing, China
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists for our consumer entertainment group. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby's audio technologies are implemented in smartphones, tablets, PCs, set-top boxes, TVs, Cinema of global technology providers. Most people use Dolby technologies every day without knowing about it.
The position objective is to design and implement licensable audio technologies and provide support to internal and external customers such as OEMs and DSP implementation partners. The employee possesses skills relevant to the entire chain of algorithm development in Dolby, from research and algorithm prototyping, software and DSP implementation, to testing and quality assurance. The employee is capable of both independent and team-oriented work modes, motivating themselves and communicating effectively with peers, supervisors, other business units, and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Port research code Matlab/C algorithms to embedded platforms by taking into account algorithmic performance and perceptual requirements, computational, latency, and memory constraints.
- Prototype new audio algorithms and work with the team to ensure all algorithms are fit-for-purpose and compatible with existing audio signal chains.
- Design, develop, optimize, and evaluate new headphone rendering algorithms.
- Optimize and evaluate performance of audio processing system that combine various audio signal processing and analysis techniques.
- Work with Research teams to refine and guide research deliverables.
- Analyze and model audio and speech engineering problems.
- Critically evaluate software designs created by the team to ensure they are fit-for-purpose.
- Create modular, reliable, efficient and readable code that adheres to Dolby standards.
- Produce and maintain accurate design documentation and code comments.
- Design and implement manual and automated tests to ensure software conforms to requirements.
- Utilize the ear as a test tool; identify and classify signal processing issues.
- Design and conduct subjective tests to verify audio processing algorithms.
- Critically evaluate testing methodologies used by the team to ensure they are fit-for-purpose.
- Write and maintain detailed technical documentation to ensure longevity of design.
- Provide assistance and expertise to other groups and internal/external customers.
- Communicate technical concepts effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Represent the team and the Company during internal/external customer interactions.
- Master degree or higher in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of spatial audio, speaker and headphone virtualization, binaural rendering, head-related transfer functions (HRTF) techniques.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques, including:
- Audio and speech coding and processing principles and practices.
- Signal transforms such as FFT, MDCT and CQMF
- Linear and non-linear audio processing functions
- Statistic signal processing and adaptive filtering
- Ability to use the ear as a test tool and as part of the algorithmic development process.
- An understanding of processor architecture for signal processing applications.
- Object oriented software design skills.
- An understanding of software design and software lifecycle maintenance.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Shell.
- High level English written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised when required.
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top