Senior Director, Brand Communities
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a leader of the Brand Communities & Platforms team, the Sr. Director Brand Communities will build and maintain a vibrant and engaged set of brand communities and the creative, technical, and data platforms necessary to support them. This leader will play a key role in creating social campaigns and programs that drive education, consideration and preference across a diverse set of audiences and converting fans into advocates. Sr. Director of Brand Communities will have the opportunity to oversee vision and strategy for Dolby.com and design a framework for owned social platforms and content marketing strategy and initiatives for Dolby Brand Community. Success is measured in the millions. Millions of engaged and passionate people around the world who can’t wait for their next Dolby experience.
This leader will also set a strategic model for social globally, enabling our team to scale our initiatives to regions, countries and markets that will help propel our business forward. To make this happen we are looking for a passionate, customer-centric, experienced digital marketing leader who thrives at the intersection of marketing and technology. You will have experience creating and maintaining brand communities and engaging stakeholders across the business to leverage for impact. You will be part of changing the mindset and the culture across marketing to think mobile-social first and elevating the Dolby’s digital prowess across marketing.
- Establish and expand the Dolby Brand Community Team by identifying key internal and external resources required to build and engage a passionate fan base. This will include both the content and technical pillars of the community.
- Lead our Digital & Social efforts as we establish and expand our brand footprint in the digital space. This will include identifying social channels and developing editorial calendars to support those channels as well as a developing and executing on a comprehensive digital roadmap.
- Define a worldwide structure for digital and social developing a strategic framework and plan as well as operationalizing how content, tools, and investment from center shared can be trans-created and leveraged in region and pull content from region to center.
- Provide collaboration and perspective to the definition of platform offerings, drive collaboration across regional and local technology teams, and partner within Marketing to align content and messaging to business goals.
- Inspire a digital mindset across the Dolby marketing team and a well understood Digital and Social Playbook to establish best in class strategy and execution
- Driving relevance and currency in programs and offerings the team recommends and broker strategic partnerships with media and social outlets.
- Establish a muscle for monitoring and measuring social and digital conversation with an eye to driving
- 10 – 15 years of marketing and digital experience, 5+ years working with large scale brand communities
- An agile leader who commands influence and collaboration across marketing and inspires a bright, talented and growing team
- A strong expertise in creating, deploying, and refining digital platforms and experiences and know how to drive business impact
- Experience establishing process, structure and scale a team to work more efficiently and effectively
- A data-driven mind who can foster rigor and discipline in all that we do, to provide evidence for program success and return on investment
- A track record of partnership and collaboration, providing strategic guidance to stakeholders and client groups
- Ability to work cross functionally with content teams, data and insights team to drive effective outcomes
- Solid skills in core areas: especially media and communications planning, but also business and brand strategy, insights and research
- Great communications skills and ability to drive strategic conversations and planning
- Ability to drive agency selection and managing agency resources
- Sets the tone for thinking big and out of the box and a culture for speed and agility
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a related technology discipline
- Strong understanding of the Marketing landscape with an ability to understand and navigate the breadth of solutions and partners in this field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global environment with matrix organizational management
- Communications and presentation master, with the ability to drive strategic buy in from stakeholders and business groups
- Experience in technology transformations, either within a global organizations or through start-up companies leading transformative shifts.
- Start-up minded, a leader who sets the tone for thinking big and out of the box as well as a culture for speed, action and test & learn practices.
- Analytical and data driven mind-set
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts who can help us tell our story in the most compelling way possible.
We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in strategic settings, while having no problem ‘rolling up the sleeves’ with team members to tackle tactics and get the job done.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top