Senior Compensation Analyst
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Compensation Consultant is responsible for analyzing, implementing and administering our global compensation programs. Provides regular counsel and recommendations to client groups. Administers annual rewards process and off-cycle requests. Participates in compensation surveys and analyzes competitive data for target labor markets. Evaluates new jobs and develops salary ranges. Prepares studies and makes recommendations to management on compensation programs and practices.
- Conduct market assessments for development of global base/bonus budgets, guidelines, and programs.
- Oversee global salary surveys & respond to inquiries from survey providers.
- Provide guidance and secure approvals for new hire and ongoing equity grants.
- Maintain/update global salary ranges, job codes, grades, bonus targets, and equity guidelines; partner with HR Operations to ensure accuracy of compensation data in HRIS.
- Ensure effective communication/promotion of the company’s compensation programs and practices to HR, management, employees & candidates globally.
- Ensure compliance with local/federal compensation requirements and statutes.
- Actively support team members across HR and look for opportunities to improve processes, policies, and service levels.
- Provide guidance to compensation vendors or consultants as needed.
- May develop equity guidelines/budgets and prepare quarterly usage reports and projections.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5+ years related compensation experience; global experience in a high-tech environment highly desired.
- Proactive team member with strong customer service orientation, excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage an end-to-end processes.
- Advanced Excel plus strong Word and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of current compensation/employment laws.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and exercise good judgment
- Experience with Successfactors, or web-based Human Resources software systems a plus.
- Experience with Executive Compensation and Sales Compensation a plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top