Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer - Dolby.IO (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits. Whether you decide to work remote or from our San Francisco Headquarters we will make sure you are set up to succeed and have an amazing time doing so.
Dolby.io is our new, high-visibility self-service audio/video processing APIs that will bring Dolby's innovations and unique expertise to new and existing customers. This is a unique team, working like a startup within an organization, that will reward flexibility and speed with ownership and personal development. Are you excited to shape a new era for Dolby and be at the forefront of technology hitting developers' hands?
This is a technical contributor role which requires deep knowledge of web architecture, infrastructure, tooling, security, testing and continuous integration & delivery. You will build and improve tooling, deployment pipelines, increase scale, and make existing processes more efficient. You will deliver quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment while following strong software design and process principles to meet our internal and external customers' demands. You will be working with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who can take initiative, work independently and be a self-starter, in a dynamic startup environment within an organization and can bring flexibility, speed and expertise to our team. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of DevOps, automation, testing, web development and deployment as well as a deep understanding of best practices in various languages and technologies. Additionally, you should be passionate about and take great personal pride in building tools for other developers to use in order improve their efficiency.
If you are an expert at designing, developing, and deploying web services, and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field for Dolby.
Key requirements & attributes for successful applicants include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field
- 4+ years' demonstrable professional experience in a DevOps role deploying and supporting commercial, scalable & secure medium+ size cloud-deployed web services and/or websites
- 4+ years' professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2+ years serving as the main point of contact for advisory on DevOps practices and methodologies for his team.
- 2+ years serving as on-call engineer for emergency site reliability issues
- Very high level of written and verbal communications in both general and technology-specific application
- Quick and dynamic learner
- Knowledge in cybersecurity
- Experience in writing & maintaining Infrastructure as Code - preferably with Terraform, or other tools like CloudFormation, etc.
- Professional experience development & maintenance of CI/CD pipelines - preferably in GitLab
- Experience with shell scripting, SQL
- Experience managing, migrating and querying relational databases
- Proven track record of planning and performing complex infrastructure migrations and transitions
- Ability to write clear & concise documentation for development, QA & support teams
- Ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top