Senior Cloud API Support Engineer - Dolby.IO (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
You will proactively accept escalated customer cases, work with the customer to collect relevant test data, determine reproducibility of problems, analyse complex technical issues and work with other stakeholders such as Tier 3 engineers, Sales staff, Product Managers, and others to provide a resolution of the issue for the customer.
In this role, you will additionally be responsible for identifying novel and interesting issues, questions and topics of interest to customers and will create concise articles that will be published in knowledge management systems including internal and external facing knowledge-bases and document repositories. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation, capability of working alone and as part of a team and excellent communication skills especially written.
Whether you decide to work remote or from our San Francisco Headquarters we will make sure you are set up to succeed and have an amazing time doing so.
Essential Job Functions
- Use ticket management systems to accept, document and report on customer-reported issues
- Interpret reported customer issues, clarifying with the customer as necessary to understand the issue the customer is experiencing
- Apply technical knowledge of the products, service and relevant technologies underpinning the customer issue to analyse the issue
- Develop test cases and code to reproduce complex issues
- Maintain timely, concise and effective communication with the customer
- Work with Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to ensure that identified issues are escalated, when necessary, to the appropriate team for resolution
- Own and manage the Customer case for its whole lifecycle
- Identify trends and patterns in customer-reported cases and highlight these to ensure they are appropriately prioritized
- Identify good candidates for documentation as knowledge-base articles, FAQ, Whitepapers etc. and develop drafts of these documents
- A bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field, or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Five years professional experience in a related technology domain
- Professional experience with Web-based and RESTful APIs
- Professional experience in mobile application development, preferably with experience in both iOS and Android. Demonstrable experience in one or more common mobile development languages such as Objective C, Swift, Java, Kotlin and C/C++.
- Professional experience with VoIP, IP Conferencing and related technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of Web technologies including HTML, CSS etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles and protocols
- Excellent written communication skills both in short-form and prose styles
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an enthusiastic attitude to work with customers
- Demonstrable experience in working with high autonomy, personal motivation and good organizational skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top