Senior C/C++ SW Engineer
- Wroclaw, Poland
Dolby is global leader in creating and licensing audio and imaging solutions that create spectacular experiences for consumers. Dolby technology can be found on a range of diverse hardware and software platforms. As such, Dolby technology is exposed to illegal use which includes, but is not limited to, software piracy and intellectual property thievery.
You will be part of a small agile team responsible for creating solutions to protect Dolby technologies against illegal use. Your main objectives will be analysis of how Dolby technologies are integrated into products, and design of viable protection solution. You will balance protection level, customer side limitations and acceptable maintenance/productization cost for optimal solution. You will prototype and execute proof of concepts of your designs to demonstrate its technical feasibility.
This role is perfect for strong C/C++ professionals who seek an opportunity for personal development in software security, binary level exploitation and reverse engineering.
Essential Job Functions
- Work swiftly in low level/embedded environment
- Design and develop software products in C and C++11 for variety of operating systems (Android /Linux , Windows, MacOS)
- Identify requirements and design components accordingly
- Implement, verify and evaluate protection mechanisms
- Document experiments and implemented protections
Required Education & Skills
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant commercial experience
- Proficiency in coding and debugging C or C++ proven with relevant professional experience
- Openness for using other programming languages and frameworks when necessary (e.g. Python, assembler, Java)
- Very good understanding of binaries (e.g. executables, libraries) - their creation, formats and handling by operating systems
- Team player
- Ability to present concepts on different level of details (according to auditory)
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Interested in SW/HW security
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience in Reverse Engineering tools and debuggers (e.g. IDA Pro, Radare2, Ghidra, etc.)
- Understanding of malware detection evasion techniques
- CTF or DIY hacking experience
- Understanding of OS mechanisms and internals
- Hands-on experience in Android devices rooting / customiz ations
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top