(Senior) Build and Release Engineer / DevOps
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Would you like to be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team?
You will be part of the team responsible for building, releasing, automating and configuring changes through all stages of the build and release cycle. You should have a solid foundation in build and release theory such as branching and merging, traceability, repeatability, and configuration management as well as the consulting and communication skills needed to interact and build automation consensus across teams. You will architect, enable and maintain CI based tools /technologies that will make Dolby Build, Release and CM processes more efficient, reliable, and cost effective.
Job Functions and Competencies
- Design and develop Enterprise level Continuous Integration Environment for Build and Test systems.
- Liaise with other team members and engineering users to understand needs and issues and communicate clearly to deliver fixes and enhancements to infrastructure.
- Customer-focused and highly responsive to stakeholder issues and concerns.
- Create new and maintain existing build automation and regression testing configurations.
- Ability to drive cross functional projects that impact global development teams.
- You need to have a thorough understanding of Product and Software Life Cycles, including Waterfall, Agile, and hybrid models.
- Develop an overall plan for processes and tools with the intent of creating a well-integrated build and release system.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automation Tools is required.
Skills, Education and Attribute Competencies
- 5 years of proven CI Automation experience in the software electronics industry, although hardware experience is highly beneficial.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Software engineering.
- Hands-on experience with complex build systems.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- Familiarity with of source control management systems (i.e. GIT) and code branching/merging strategies.
- Experience with operating System configuration and administration: Linux, Windows, Mac.
- Experience with managing on demand instances with VMWare and/or AWS Technologies.
- Experience with software that enables automatic provisioning and deployment like Docker and/or Ansible.
- Expertise with build automation tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Electric Commander, GITLab CI).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Build automation experience across multiple platforms such as Linux, Windows, Mac and embedded operating systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with diverse group of people, effectively balance competing priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
If you are interested, please apply online at www.dolby.com/careers with your CV as well as a cover letter.We keep the right to contact only with the selected candidates.
Please, add the following clause: "I hereby authorise Dolby to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process".
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top