Senior Architect, Dolby Cinema
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As the Senior Dolby Cinema Architect, the ideal candidate should be a seasoned architect with strong commercial building design project experience, ideally including cinema, who can work with the Lead Architect to make a direct and visible impact in designing and deploying Dolby Cinemas worldwide.
This individual will work closely with our technical and creative teams to understand and advocate for client needs and meet Dolby Cinema standards from project concept through execution, and will collaborate with the client's project architects to develop architectural and design plans to meet specific project needs.
This position can be based anywhere within EMEA and will require the ability to travel both domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with architectural site evaluation process and develop a standard layout / document set for this purpose. Produce site evaluation report to meet business engagement timetable.
- Collaborate on process to create, implement and update a customizable Dolby Cinema document set, which includes all of elements that will be required by the exhibitor's architect to enable the construction or upgrade of a cinema to become a Dolby Cinema.
- Provide design and architectural support to the Dolby team and the exhibitor's architect throughout the entire process of successfully implementing the Dolby Cinema offering, from the design phase all the way to opening. Based on the deployment schedule, engage with architectural firms that have commercial cinema expertise, and train, coordinate with them to expand capacity to support the deployment plan.
- Working in concert with Dolby's project manager and Lead Architect for the site, manage the relationship with the exhibitor's local architects and local construction teams to guard and protect Dolby Cinema design, brand, schedule, and budget
- Provide real-world feedback to internal stakeholders, to help identify potential needs for updates to the Dolby Cinema specs, or general offering. Update internal documents, procedures as appropriate. Setup document libraries and SOP's.
KEY ATTRIBUTES and REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must be growth-oriented, have a broad and successful architectural design portfolio, with a strong focus on the cinema business. Ideally they should have established relationships and understanding of both the realities of the cinema business and Dolby's history in that business. They should be a good team player and capable of working with diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Solid experience of architectural design and/or other relevant industry experience, including significant experience with interior and exterior commercial projects, ideally to include cinema projects.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing complex projects, with multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ideally have managed or have successfully led project teams (significant new build or retrofit cinema projects).
- Outstanding customer facing skills and the ability to interact with internal marketing and sales teams.
- Technical expertise including an excellent knowledge of:
- Interior, exterior upgrade and site accessibility requirements
- Construction knowledge and experience
- Autodesk AutoCAD, Photoshop, MS Word
- Excellent knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD, Photoshop, MS Word.
- Strong project management and change management skills.
- Robust organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Committed to quality, with a low tolerance for accepting 'good enough'.
- Excellent program and project management skills with high-ambiguity tolerance.
- Self-motivated with an ability to maintain high standards and results while working. independently and within a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines and able to execute in a dynamic deadline driven environment.
- Communicative, diplomatic and transparent with excellent written and verbal communication skills and naturally able to network, build and maintain relationships.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, ability to roll up sleeves and work.
- Ability to travel across EMEA region.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top