QA Engineer with Node.js: Cloud-based multimedia processing
- Wroclaw, Poland
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to make a difference how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide.
To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
As a QA engineer in the Professional SW Products and Solutions QA team, you will analyze the quality of cloud-hosted multimedia processing software products that enable state of the art Dolby technologies to be delivered to millions of people around the world. You will be responsible for using, maintaining and creating test environments as well as designing, automating and executing functional and system-level tests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Test cloud-based multimedia processing products
- Design and create test plans and test cases to validate implemented features
- Perform automated and manual test execution and report to management on test coverage, risk assessment, and metrics.
- Use and maintain existing Node.js based test framework, design and implement new test framework functionality
- Design and implement scripts for automated test execution using scripting languages like Node.js, Python, Perl
- Setup, configure, troubleshoot and maintain test environments, on-premise, and cloud-based.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Introduce and nurture good practices in test engineering leading to well-documented, reliable, and easy to maintain test base
Key requirements & attributes for successful applicants include:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or a comparable field
- Professional experience in Software Quality Assurance including test plans creation and test cases design
- Professional experience in test automation
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
- Experience with test execution covering functional, performance, negative, stress and load testing.
- Professional experience with Node.js or Python programming and debugging
- Understanding of multimedia formats, codecs, and metadata
- Knowledge of cloud APIs/SDKs (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- Professional experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications
- Positive attitude and willingness to solve challenging problems
- Ability to work efficiently in a cross-geo environment
Nice to have:
- Familiar with FFmpeg, FFprobe, GStreamer
- Professional hands-on experience with streaming media is a strong plus.
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top