QA Engineer, Home Entertainment
- Wroclaw, Poland
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to make a difference how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide.
To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
As a QA Engineer, Audio Technology for Home Theater, TV and STB in the Dolby Consumer Entertainment QA group, you will analyze and assure the quality of products which enable next generation of Dolby technologies for future of Television. You will design, specify, create, and maintain the QA environment as well as design, write and execute tests of audio coding and audio processing libraries which are implemented in the next-generation lines of Home Theater products, TV sets and set-top-boxes. Interoperability tests on these devices that you perform will enable high-quality audio experience for hundreds of millions of consumers around the world. You will have a chance to work with the latest home theater devices and most advanced HDMI Test Equipment in the dedicated lab.
- Work with other engineers and managers to establish and document product test plans.
- Implement and conduct cost-effective comprehensive product tests to ensure product requirements are met.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation scripts.
- Analyze test results to ensure that the product functions per requirements.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
- Stay abreast of industry Software and Hardware Testing tools and best practices.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Software/Hardware Testing, including designing and implementing test plans and test cases. Familiarity and/or experience with SQA industry tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, or DevTrack) and best practices.
- Experience in programming and scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and/or Bash.
- Knowledge about testing methodology (good to have ISTQB foundation).
- Proven experience testing in various software environments like Windows, Unix, Linux, etc. is required. Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Effective oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem-solving.
Nice to have
- Knowledge about HDMI transmission standards (HDMI v2.0 / CEC messaging / Capabilities signalization etc.).
- Knowledge about wireless Audio and Video transmission (i.e. Bluetooth LE).
- Professional knowledge of the Broadcast industry is a plus.
- Knowledge about digitial signal processing / audio and video codecs.
Please, note that this recruitment is open to internal candidates only.
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top