Working in close collaboration with the cross functional Dolby Cinema sales and business teams, along with the Dolby Cinema design team, the Dolby Cinema engineering team and the exhibitor partner’s technical teams, The Dolby Cinema Site Manager will help enable the design, construction or upgrade cinemas to the high standards of the Dolby Cinema program.
The individual for this role will be expected to have extensive experience in the process of designing and constructing cinemas, including an in-depth understanding of the audio and projection system technologies used in modern cinemas. In order to best be able to support our exhibitor partners, the ideal candidate will have worked for an exhibitor or technology vendor in this space, and have extensive cinema industry knowledge.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities and roles of the position of Dolby Cinema Site Manager, China are as follows:
- Assist with site analysis/evaluation working with the Dolby Cinema Design Team
- Manage the process of successfully implementing the Dolby Cinema offering, from the design all they way to opening.
- Collaborate and manage the relationship with the exhibitor’s local construction and technical teams to guard and protect Dolby Cinema design, brand, schedule, and budget.
- Works closely with system integrators and Dolby teams to ensure technology components are installed and operational per Dolby Cinema specifications.
- Lead/assist site sign-off process after build out, verify the translation and implementation of the design execution on a per site basis (administer multiple concurrent implementations)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems where analysis of the situation requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Customer technical and design liaison, working closely with assigned exhibitors for technical and design support, and general point of contact, through the design and execution phase of a Dolby Cinema.
- Provide real-world feedback to internal stakeholder, to help identify potential needs for updates to the Dolby Cinema specs, or general offering.
KEY ATTRIBUTES and REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate must be growth-oriented and veteran of the cinema industry, with a strong technical and project management background in the cinema business. He or she should have established relationships and understanding of both the realities of the cinema business and Dolby’s history in that business.
He or she should have robust technical background, with an in depth knowledge of image technologies and digital projection systems for digital cinema. He/she should be a good team player and capable of working with diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience with a comprehensive understanding of Digital Cinema equipment, including installation of: Digital Cinema Servers, Integrated Media Blocks (IMB), Cinema Audio Processors, 3D Cinema products, and Digital Cinema projectors.
- An in depth knowledge of cinema design, acoustics, SMPTE and other relevant cinema standards
- Extensive experience successfully managing complex projects, with multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a field engineer or similar technical role in the cinema or projection industry.
- Experience in both Windows, Mac and Linux based operating systems and application software programs.
- A proven track record of working without supervision in the field and dealing professionally with cinema customers and vendors at all levels.
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Committed to quality, with a low tolerance for accepting ‘good enough’
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required to fulfill this position’s requirements
- Ability to lift and carry up electronic equipment for installations
- Ability to work at a computer keyboard 4 hours a day
- Communicative and transparent
- Out-of-the-box thinker, ability to roll up sleeves and work.
- Self-motivated with an ability to maintain high standards and results while working independently
- Naturally able to network, build and maintain relationships
- High-ambiguity tolerance
- Diplomatic and able to execute in a dynamic deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Education
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience with a comprehensive understanding of the Digital Cinema Market and associated products
- Previous experience creating and delivering instructor lead training, virtual instructor lead training, or train the trainer for on the job training
- Proven track record driving projects working with a cross functional team
- Must be a strong leader and consummate team player, with the ability to assimilate differing opinions and input from a variety of sources in making informed decisions.
- Ability to deliver on objectives that require cross-group coordination.
- Self-motivated with strong and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong oral, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- A passion for customers and driving customer feedback to improve the Dolby Cinema Technical Support Program.
- Domestic and International travel may be required
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top