Program Manager - Product Development
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are seeking a Program Manager - P roduct Development to join the Consumer Entertainment Group based in Wroclaw, Poland, to help bring the next generation of spectacular audio experiences to market. You will use your business and technical acumen to ensure that programs are efficiently executed to meet the strategic market needs and opportunities. You will drive complex programs from initiation to delivery while using your careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communication skills. You can expect to handle a variety of demanding programs with multiple cross-functional dependencies and team dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure alignment of goals, timelines, expectations, and resolve any issues.
- Drive the activities of high performing cross-functional teams to develop the newest consumer and professional audio technologies for the market.
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication with key partners and that all partner needs are being addressed.
- Provide timely and effective program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as appropriate.
- Partner with key stakeholders in each group to align on overall objectives and plan and gain their support.
- Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Communicate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Dolby's process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Contribute to the refinement of program management methodologies within Dolby.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in driving software and hardware product development programs from inception to end of life, as a project and/or program manager.
- Specific experience working with cross-geographical teams - the ideal candidate will have several years working in a US-based or multi-national company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Ability to persuade and present across the organization, from individual contributors to senior executives.
- Superb knowledge and demonstrable skillful application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
- Practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation.
- Ability to operate at a high-level and also dive deep with probing questions when needed.
- Strong drive to uncover problems early and ensure they are addressed.
- Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience in consumer entertainment product development or technology is a plus.
- Some International travel required (2-3 times per year).
If you are interested, please apply online at www.dolby.com/careers with your CV as well as a cover letter.We keep the right to contact only with the selected candidates.
Please, add the following clause: "I hereby authorise Dolby to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process".
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top